Help parents & entertain children by volunteering at Fun Junction:Children's Programming!
30 people are interested
Fun Junction is a Ronald McDonald House Charities(R) program that provides structured playtime for children staying at the House. Volunteers lead activities, allowing parents get a bit of respite to cook dinner, do laundry, hold a private conversation, read, or relax.
- Create a safe and secure home-like environment by assisting and serving families’ children with direct play, supervision, and engagement in activities
- Initiate and/or plan activities including craft projects and games that are easily adapted to a wide variety of ages
- Be comfortable with occasional downtime and performing family and support activities, such as tidying the playroom and preparing for future evenings.
Current shifts are available Thursday evenings, and the program will soon be expanding to other dates and another location. The early shift runs from 3:45pm-6:15pm and the later shift runs from 5:45pm-8:15pm.
We'll work with your schedule.
2620 N. Commercial AvePortland, OR 97227
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Children Medical Services
- Child Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Varies, 6mths recommended for lead volunteers
- Must feel comfortable developing relationships with children of various ages and their parents