The Volunteer Companion is a supportive and therapeutic "friend" to one adult individual with intellectual disabilities who lives in one of our homes, attends our day support center, or works at our packaging business. The Volunteer Companion helps meet the needs of an individual in the most person-centered way possible to include any or all of the following activities:
* Visits, calls or sends cards to an individual as a means to develop a meaningful relationship
* Plays games, reads a story, works on a craft or other project, such as planting flowers, baking, etc.
* Grooming activities, such as painting nails, doing hair, make up, etc.
* Help decorate the individual's room
* Other duties specifically around special events, celebrations, and community outings
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- TB Test, Drug Screening