Neighborhood House invites you to join us in assisting job seekers and students in Seattle and South King County to obtain living-wage employment and reach their goals for self-sufficiency. Be part of a highly motivated and creative team which provides individualized career planning, coaching and college navigation throughout the county.
Members in this position serve at two sites: Birch Creek, Kent and Wiley Center at Greenbridge, Seattle (White Center)
AmeriCorps Commitment & Benefits:
- $1,195/month living stipend (taxed)
- $5,730 post-service Education Award, on successful completion of the six month term of service (taxed in the year that you use it)
- Bus pass or mileage reimbursement for service related travel
- Extensive professional development and training opportunities
- Health insurance coverage from the Washington Service Corps (or through the Washington State Health Care Plan Finder website, depending on household income) if the Member does not already have coverage.
- Forbearance on qualified student loans
- Childcare assistance for eligible Members
- Eligibility for Basic Food (food stamps) and other public benefits if household meets DSHS requirements
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- full time service (40 hours/wk) from 9/1/2-7/15/17
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor- Seattle
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Employment, Education Outreach...
- Front Desk Help Needed!...
- ESL Tutor (Renton)
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- ESL Instructor (West Seattle)
- Opportunity to tutor an adult...
- Short Term Human Resources...
- Human Resources Assistant
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor - Kent