Classroom Assistants will be intimately involved in teaching and mentoring Bank Teller Training students.
The Bank Teller training is a seven-week program meant to prepare students to work as bank tellers following the completion of the training. The course will include classes taught by JVS staff about the banking industry, customer service skills, and interview skills. The JVS-run curriculum will be supplemented by workshops given by our bank partners, TD Bank and Rockland Trust.
The Classroom Assistant will be expected to attend a teacher orientation, student orientation, all or most of the classroom sessions, and the program graduation. The Classroom Assistant should prepare for class by reviewing the curriculum material in advance (but does not have to design any aspects of the curriculum). The class will consist of significant group work, and the Classroom Assistant will be expected to lead sub-groups.
Classes will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 1:00-5:00
April 24 - June 8, graduation will be held the following week (tentatively June 16)
- Teaching experience is not required, but helpful.
- Ability to learn new information quickly.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and good customer service in the classroom.
- Banking and/or Finance experience (work or educational) preferred, but not necessary.
JVS’s Refugee Services has provided direct employment services to local refugee populations for over 40 years. These services are offered to refugees, political asylees, Cuban and Haitian entrants, certified victims of human trafficking, and other work-authorized immigrants. Services include job search assistance, resume and interview preparation, cultural orientation, pre-employment vocational English language classes, job placement and follow-up, and post-employment support. Over 80% of our participants are hired per year and our 90% job retention rate is higher than similar job placement agencies in Boston. To achieve these outcomes, JVS partners with over 1,400 employers in hospitality, retail, agriculture, education, health care, sales, manufacturing, and business; and supports participants in finding and maintaining gainful employment that can lead to successful careers.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Mon, Wed and Thur. 1-5pm
- 7 weeks
- Bilingual English/Haitian-Creole...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant,...
- Outreach help needed for new...
- Computer tutor for students in...
- ESOL teaching assistants for...
- Career Coach Assistant, East...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant, Lynn
- Teaching assistant for...
- Teach ESOL class for Haitian...
- Teaching assistant for Bank...
- ESOL teaching assistant, East...
- Career Coach Assistant, Lawrence