Museum Attendants are an integral part of the U.S. Naval Undersea Museum’s day to day operations, staffing the museum’s lobby desk, greeting and orienting all museum visitors to the building and the museum exhibition content, and serving as a resource for visitor inquiries regarding exhibition content or even local services. Our Museum Attendants help the museum accomplish its mission of preserving and interpreting naval undersea history, science, and operations for the benefit of the U.S. Navy and the people of the United States.
Museum Attendants serve as the welcoming and competent presence at the museum, allowing U.S. and international visitors to learn about the history and technology of U.S. Navy undersea advances and endeavors. Museum Attendants carry out museum policies and procedures to ensure visitor and artifact safety and proper visitation accounting.
Museum Attendants should display the following qualities:
- enjoy working with people
- outgoing and friendly nature
- a helpful, courteous manner
- good communication skills
- motivation and drive
- good problem-solving skills
- interest in museums, history, or undersea technology
- able to process large amounts of information
- neat personal appearance
- able to handle groups of people with ease.
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers should commit to TWO 3-hr shifts/mth
- Complete the application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NUMVolApp