Help technology recipients troubleshoot issues with their computers for ConnectHome (http://connecthome.hud.gov/); a White House and US HUD initiative.
We are looking for bilingual IT Support/Help Desk/Service Desk individuals that speak English and Spanish. human-I-T has been chosen to distribute technology and help connect recipients to the internet, at different locations throughout Los Angeles!
We are 1 of 28 cities chosen for this great pilot. Read more about the program:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Obama Administration launched ConnectHome to accelerate broadband adoption by children and families, living in HUD-assisted housing across the nation.
ConnectHome is a platform for collaboration between local governments, public housing agencies, Internet service providers, philanthropic foundations, nonprofit organizations, and other relevant stakeholders that will produce local solutions for narrowing the digital divide.
Our work seeks to:
- Make broadband Internet more adoptable by building new models to provide broadband infrastructure and to offer residents free or discounted service.
- Make broadband Internet more valuable by giving residents localized, free, and culturally sensitive training in essential digital literacy skills that will allow them to effectively utilize high-speed Internet.
- Make broadband Internet adoption sustainable by providing devices and technical support to our residents and by refocusing existing HUD resources to supplement and sustain the work of ConnectHome.
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Help Desk
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Min: 5 hrs per week / Max: 30 hrs per week
- You must fill out the following form: http://human-i-t.org/volunteer/