Show patients in our new residential eating disorders program located on the second floor of our Main House how to knit and to also appreciate the value of knitting. Choose Monday, Tuesday OR Friday from 6:30-7:30 pm to offer your talents and supportive conversation. Your ongoing (weekly) presence offers you and the patients an opportunity to develop a rapport and to pick up any threads of conversations from the previous weeks. It's all in good fun and gives patients a creative outlet for eating disorder recovery. To ensure that you will have what you need each time you volunteer, you will select easy to use (simple) knitting supplies and yarn and the hospital will reimburse you for your purchases. Hospital orientation and criminal background check are required and ongoing volunteer supervision is provided.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week (incl drive time & preparation)
- Social Work Department Assistant
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Business Office Assistant
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Meditation Group Leader
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Medical Library Assistant
- Share your love of art on Monday...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Weekend Visiting Hours...
- Weekend Visiting Hours Greeter...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Admissions Office Patient/Family...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...