Pet Food Preparation and Bagging
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
308 people are interested
Pet Food Bank Volunteer
Duties May Include:
- Assisting with intake of donated pet food and supplies and inventory management
- Weighing and re-bagging pet food into 5-pound bags (more manageable for clients and easier for PALNV to track)
- Labeling bags accurately
- Storing pet food bags on the appropriate shelves
- Using Pick Sheets to prepare pet food for delivery to clients
- Cleaning and organizing the food bank
- Pick-up and delivery of pet food from stores and other local animal organizations
- Willingness to remain flexible to meet current needs as they arise
- Genuine concern for the welfare of animals that is consistent with the philosophy of PALNV
- Ability to work closely with PALNV staff and other volunteers
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and willingness to communicate any physical limitations
- Volunteer Orientation
- Comprehensive knowledge of PALNV’s Volunteer Manual
- On the job training
PALNV office and warehouse
Suggested Work Shifts:
- Minimum 4 hours per month
- Regular schedule of 3 or more hours per week desired
Importance of the Job:
The pet food bank is the core of PALNV’s Pets-In-Need Program and food bank volunteers serve as the main force in preparing the pet food and supplies that clients need every month. This means that volunteers in the pet food bank are absolutely vital to PALNV operations and success, as well as to the pets and people that we serve.
4155 N. Rancho Dr. #150, Suite 150, Las Vegas, NV 89130, US
Our focus is providing relief for pets in need and their families by assisting with pet food, spay/neuter services, and other pet related support. Our passion is keeping pets in their homes and out of shelters.
PALNV believes that no pet should go hungry! Our vision is to ensure that pet food is available to any pets in need; reduce the pet overpopulation problem in our community through our spay/neuter and related programs; continually improve the welfare of animals; and provide resources to assist community members keep their pets at home.
Our Pets-in-Need Program provides free dog and cat food either delivered or picked up to folks who are veterans, disabled, homeless, homebound, or otherwise economically challenged.
Our Fix-a-Pal Pogram issues dog or cat spay and neuter vouchers to dramatically reduce the out-of-pocket cost for owners, thereby, reducing the pet overpopulation and stress on pet shelters.
Our Rescued Treasures Cat Café provides a home-like environment in which visitors can play with a volume of cats and kittens toward the ultimate goal of adoption. PALNV participates in the Greater Las Vegas Valley "Trap/Neuter/Release Program" by providing housing for felines removed from our streets, as well as vaccinations, spay/neuters and other health testing.
Our Rescue Bank Program gathers dog and cat food in our warehouse for eligible non-profits to purchase pet food at a fraction of its cost.
PALNV has been in business since 1993. The company started in Victorville, CA and moved their operations to Las Vegas in 2014.
We'll work with your schedule.
4155 N Rancho DriveSuite150Las Vegas, NV 89130
- Reading Comprehension
- Inventory Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours minimum per month, more hours welcome!