Help coordinate registration, planning, marketing materials, and distribution logistics before and during technology distribution events for ConnectHome (http://connecthome.hud.gov/); a White House and US HUD initiative.
We are looking for bilingual individuals that speak English and Spanish. human-I-T has been chosen to distribute technology and help connect recipients to the internet, at different locations throughout Los Angeles!
We are 1 of 28 cities chosen for this great pilot. Read more about the program:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Obama Administration launched ConnectHome to accelerate broadband adoption by children and families, living in HUD-assisted housing across the nation.
ConnectHome is a platform for collaboration between local governments, public housing agencies, Internet service providers, philanthropic foundations, nonprofit organizations, and other relevant stakeholders that will produce local solutions for narrowing the digital divide.
Our work seeks to:
- Make broadband Internet more adoptable by building new models to provide broadband infrastructure and to offer residents free or discounted service.
- Make broadband Internet more valuable by giving residents localized, free, and culturally sensitive training in essential digital literacy skills that will allow them to effectively utilize high-speed Internet.
- Make broadband Internet adoption sustainable by providing devices and technical support to our residents and by refocusing existing HUD resources to supplement and sustain the work of ConnectHome.
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Min: 8 hours
- You must fill out the following form: http://human-i-t.org/volunteer/