- Establish your Core Group - Find people who care just as much about cleaning up Poughkeepsie as you do! Make fliers, use social media, talk to friends/family, and the community about joining the Clean-Up group. Designate a group leader! The Middle Main team is also here to assist with promotion of your event.
- Schedule Community Clean-Up - Find a time that will work for the most people. Scheduling a clean-up is left to the full discretion of your group! Coordinate garbage pickup with the City of Poughkeepsie Department of Public Works: (845) 451-4111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Decide upon a meeting point and areas to focus on cleaning up and let us know where you’re planning on being. Use the Middle Main map attached to identify your Clean-Up area.
- Prepare Supplies - Groups will need latex gloves and garbage bags (estimate 2/ person). Rakes, brooms, and other tools may also be handy. Drinking water, hand sanitizer, nametags and sign-in sheets should be made available for volunteers. If some of these resources are not available, the Middle Main team can provide these supplies.
- Community Clean-Up Day - Be prepared to welcome volunteers, organize them in groups, and make sure they have access to a restroom and supplies. Be Safe! Be sure to avoid hazardous materials such as syringes, animal waste, glass etc. Keep a First Aid kit on hand for minor incidents. Take photos of people in action. Have fun!
- Wrap-up Report - All borrowed supplies and a Wrap-Up Report must be returned to the Middle Main Initiative. The report can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Number of volunteers
- Estimated amount of garbage picked up (# of bags or pounds)
- Suggestions to improve this project/would you be willing to adopt a future clean-up?
- Photos from event
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment