This volunteering opportunity offers flexible scheduling.
Garden for Good Volunteers
Are you passionate about gardening or landscaping? Do you love being outside? Always wanted to garden, but maybe live somewhere where you just don’t have enough space? We have wonderful openings just for you!
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
What Exactly Would I Do?
We need enthusiastic volunteers willing to help with maintaining our outdoor garden and pergola at our facility. Maintenance varies by season, and we will let you know any specific needs the garden has. You will only do tasks you are comfortable with and capable of.
Tasks may include:
- Planting flowers
- Pulling weeds
- Watering plants
- Season specific tasks like raking leaves or clearing snow.
Where Will I Volunteer?
The outdoor area of our hospice facility located at 90 Richie Highway.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- We work around your schedule
- Free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for certain Healing Arts certifications
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at www.HospiceChesapeake.org.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We work with your schedule.
- Paperwork, interview, training
- Receptionist and Administrative...
- Cherish Sessions-Tell a Story,...
- Lend a Listening Ear - Become a...
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- The Greatest Gift (Anne Arundel...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- A Comforting Touch
- Therapy Dogs Needed (Anne...
- Massage Therapists Needed (Anne...
- Veteran Volunteers Needed for...
- Healing Arts - Assistant
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Pasadena,MD
- Music Therapy Volunteers Needed...
- Heal Another, Touch a Life-Anne...
- Compassionate Couriers-Anne...
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- Threshold Choir: Songs of...