Jewelry Production Volunteer - TROSA Thrift Store
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3500 N Roxboro StDurham, NC 27704
Volunteers working in this position will work alongside TROSA residents at the TROSA Thrift Store. Volunteers will primarily be sorting and pricing different types of jewelry. Volunteers may also be asked to research prices online or assist with shelving and merchandising.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteers will work alongside a TROSA resident assigned to jewelry production at the TROSA Thrift Store.
- Sort, clean and price jewelry for sale.
- Volunteers may be asked to help research pricing of rare items online.
- Volunteers with experience and expertise in jewelry sales, jewelry repair, or precious metals may advise residents
- Volunteers may be asked to shelve and arrange jewelry on the sales floor.
Knowledge, Skills and Credentials
- This position requires the ability to lift items up to 5 pounds
- This position requires the ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- General knowledge of jewelry and/or precious metals is a plus
- Specific expertise in jewelry, antiques and estate sales is a definite plus
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Interior / Exterior Decorating
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hrs/week for 4 weeks, Max 20 hrs/week
- Application, interview, background check and orientation