To provide additional support in patient care areas by assisting with non-clinical patient and nurse requests.
To assist in the daily operations related to the Nursing Unit and Patient Care environment.Essential functions
- Way finding/Escort
- Environmental checks (e.g. cords on floor, spills to be cleaned up)
- Provide comfort and conversation for patients, family members and visitors.
- Clerical duties: filing, creating packets
- Talk with patients
- Make sure room is orderly and has supplies (i.e. gloves)
- Pass water/coffee/tea and wash cloths
- Organize educational material/videos
- Distribute reading material to patients
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
- Must have a sincere interest in the work to be done, able to accept supervision, adhere to hospital policies and respect confidentiality.
- Must adhere to dress code
- Must have completed TB screening as required
- Ability to deal warmly with patients and visitors.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to volunteer at least 4 hours weekly
Sign up for a minimum of 1 shift per week. Each shift consists of 4 hours (8am-12pm, 12pm - 4pm, 4pm - 8pm, seven days a week)
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week, 1 year