Electronics Production Volunteer - TROSA Thrift Store
14 people are interested
Volunteers working in this position will work alongside TROSA residents at the TROSA Thrift Store. Volunteers will primarily be taking pre-sorted electronics items, testing to see if they work, and doing any cleaning or preparation required to sell the item. Volunteers may also assist with sales floor merchandising and answering customer questions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteers will work alongside one or two TROSA residents assigned to the electronics production table at the TROSA Thrift Store. Our use of the term "electronics" is broad, and covers all items that have a cord, and many battery-operated items as well.
- Pre-sorted bins of electronics items will be delivered to the production table for testing:
- Some items will clearly be trash and should be discarded
- Some items may not work, but can be sold for scrap or sold "as is" for parts
- Some items will clearly be of value and should be cleaned and priced
- Some items may be questionable-check with a TROSA resident
- Check to see if the item is needed for the TROSA Program. There will be a list of needed items available, or you can always check with the Production Crew Boss if there are any questions about what is needed in the Program.
- Once items are tested and cleaned, they need to be priced and inventoried.
- Once items are inventoried and approved by the Warehouse Coordinator, they will be brought to the shelves for display and merchandising.
- Volunteers with experience and expertise in consumer electronics may advise residents
- Volunteers may be asked to shelve and arrange merchandise on the sales floor.
- Volunteers may be asked to assist customers on the sales floor.
Knowledge, Skills and Credentials
- This position requires the ability to lift items up to 30 pounds
- This position requires the ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- General knowledge of consumer electronics is a plus
- Specific expertise in electronics sales or repairs is a definite plus
We'll work with your schedule.
3500 N Roxboro StDurham, NC 27704
- People Skills
- Appliance Repair
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Min 3 hrs/week for 5 weeks, Max 25 hrs/week
- Application, background check, interview and orientation