Books and Media Volunteer at TROSA Thrift Store
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
Volunteers working in this position will work alongside TROSA residents at the TROSA Thrift Store. Volunteers will primarily be sorting and pricing books, music and movies. Volunteers may also be asked to research prices online or assist with shelving and merchandising.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteers will work alongside one or two TROSA residents assigned to the books and media production table at the TROSA Thrift Store.
- Sort books by hardcover/softcover, fiction/nonfiction and genre
- Sort media by type (cd/dvd/vhs/vinyl) and ensure all items are in their cases
- Check to see if the item is needed for the TROSA Program. There will be a list of needed items available, or you can always check with the Production Crew Boss if there are any questions about what is needed in the Program.
- Price books and media based on quality and rarity (guidelines are provided)
- Volunteers may be asked to help research pricing of rare items online
- Once priced items are inventoried and approved by the Warehouse Coordinator, they will be brought to the shelves for display and merchandising.
- Volunteers with experience and expertise in books or media may advise residents
- Volunteers may be asked to shelve and arrange merchandise on the sales floor.
- Volunteers may be asked to pull items that have been on the sales floor longer than 8 weeks
Knowledge, Skills and Credentials
This position requires the ability to lift items up to 20 pounds
This position requires the ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
Must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds
General knowledge of books and media of all kinds is a plus
Specific expertise in collectible books and media is a definite plus. Librarians, DJs, film buffs, cratediggers and bibliophiles are encouraged to apply
We'll work with your schedule.
3500 N Roxboro StDurham, NC 27704
- Retail / Sales
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
- Inventory Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hrs/week for 5 weeks; Max of 30 hr/wk
- Application, criminal background check and orientation