Are you an organized, enthusiastic leader and communicator willing to donate your time to a worthy organization? Manitowoc County Habitat for Humanity is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator. The individual filling this volunteer position will work with existing volunteers and seek to engage new volunteers to support MCHFH’s mission at local building/rehab sites, the Resale Center, fundraising events and perform other tasks as needed.
Hours are flexible based on availability and time needed to make calls, meet with contacts and complete other tasks. The Volunteer Coordinator can work remotely from home, at the affiliate office, or a combination of the two.
Key responsibilities in this volunteer position include:
* Cultivate relationships across existing faith and school partnerships to engage congregations and schools in Habitats mission. Develop relationships with area college student groups and community organizations throughout Manitowoc County to expand the existing affiliate volunteer pool.
* Respond to corporate inquiries for volunteer engagement, sponsorship agreements, scheduling work dates, and the execution of sponsored volunteer days.
* Coordinate and promote all activities requiring volunteers. This includes scheduling and communication using various marketing tools, including volunteer databases, e-mail letters, and outreach events.
* Maintain timely and consistent contact with volunteers and volunteer groups to establish, sustain and enhance positive relationships. Help create and build a volunteer and contact information database and email list.
* Participate in public speaking engagements, acting as an ambassador for the affiliate. Communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including board and committee members, etc.
Manitowoc County Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing ministry which builds simple, decent, affordable housing. As an affiliate we follow the operational and philosophical guidelines established by Habitat for Humanity International. Since its inception, our local affiliate has built 39 houses, 57 adults have become homeowners and 124 children how have a place to call "home".
Using volunteer labor, donated materials, monetary donations and sweat equity by future homeowners allows the affiliate to sell houses at no profit and with no interest charged to low income families in need of affordable housing.
Are you the Volunteer Coordinator we’re looking for? Can you help us find volunteers to fulfill our mission? Please contact our office to learn more: 920-683-8466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Hours are flexible and vary based on schedule.
- Require access to phone and internet.