Summary: We need you to teach in Uganda. As a Global Volunteer with Children of the Nations, you will witness firsthand the challenges and rewards of education in a developing country. We're looking for a elementary reading teacher who can assist our teachers in implementing a reading curriculum. This would be a co-teaching role working alongside a national primary teacher to help implement best teaching practices for reading. Time Commitment: 1 to 2 years. This is a support-raising position.Responsibilities:
- Participate in teaching at COTN schools in a combination of partner teaching, solo teaching, and small group tutoring, depending upon your specific role.
- Conduct staff development meetings with teachers.
- Schedule mentor observations and debriefs with teachers.
- Assist in gathering data and reporting results to the COTN-International office in the United States.
- Prior to traveling, study and understand the Read Well curriculum.
- Agree with and sign COTN’s Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor's Degree in education.
- Teaching experience.
- Good communication skills, able to effectively capture and convey ideas and communicate well cross-culturally.
- Experience with and ability to work in flexible cross-cultural environment.
- Patient, humble, teachable spirit.
- Emotionally stable and mature.
- Spiritually mature, honest, and transparent.
- Sensitivity to people.
- Organizational skills.
- Passion for each child to reach his or her fullest potential.
- Commitment to Christ with a servant’s heart.
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 2 years in Uganda
- Bachelor's Degree in education, Sign COTN's Statement of Faith
- TEACH Secondary School in Africa!
- Newspaper Researcher/Contact...
- Volunteer in MALAWI, Africa:...
- TEACH Reading in Africa!
- Processing Help Needed ASAP -...
- General Resource Specialist
- TEACH Summer School in Africa!
- Donation Coordinator
- Grant Researcher and Database...
- Researcher for Spanish...
- TEACH Junior Secondary School in...
- TEACH Reading in Sierra Leone!