Summary: We need a teacher to teach a summer school preparatory class (in Sierra Leone or Malawi) for students entering secondary school to prepare them for their entrance examinations. You would conduct a three or four week summer school for these students to reinforce their skills in English, Math, and Science. Time frame: 4 to 5 weeks in July/August. This is a support-raising position.
- Daily teaching of English, Math, and Science classes at a junior high or high school level.
- Daily lesson planning.
- Assessment and reporting as required by in-country staff and COTN-International.
- Agree with and sign COTN’s Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor's Degree in education.
- Teaching experience.
- Good communication skills, able to effectively capture and convey ideas and communicate well cross-culturally.
- Experience with and ability to work in flexible cross-cultural environment.
- Patient, humble, teachable spirit.
- Emotionally stable and mature.
- Spiritually mature, honest, and transparent.
- Sensitivity to people.
- Organizational skills.
- Passion for each child to reach his or her fullest potential.
- Commitment to Christ with a servant’s heart.
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 5 weeks in July/August 2016
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Sign COTN's Statement of Faith
- Volunteer Receptionist
- TEACH Secondary School in Africa!
- TEACH Reading in Africa!
- 2016 Year-End Receipt Volunteers
- Grant Researcher and Database...
- Researcher for Spanish...
- TEACH Junior Secondary School in...
- TEACH Reading in Sierra Leone!
- Newspaper Researcher/Contact...
- Volunteer in MALAWI, Africa:...
- Letter Translator...
- General Resource Specialist
- TEACH Summer School in Africa!
- Donation Coordinator
- Mailing Volunteer