Summary: COTN seeks a Construction Coordinator to oversee and help construct our Secondary School in Malawi for up to 12 months. This is an in-country, support-raising position. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the local construction team and with sub-contractors
- Transfer construction skills to national staff
- Oversee materials and supplies, ensuring their use according to local and COTN standards
- Ensure safe and stable construction
- Report progress to COTN-Malawi Country Director and International Construction Manager
- Experience with housing or commercial construction projects, preferably in supervisory role
- Knowledge of masonry, framing, electrical, foundation, plumbing
- Good communication skills
- Architectural knowledge, particularly ability to read building plans (but not mandatory)
- Ability to work in flexible environment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 12 months
- Experience with housing or commercial construction projects, Sign COTN's Statement of Faith
- Front Desk Volunteer
- TEACH Secondary School in Africa!
- Volunteer in MALAWI, Africa:...
- TEACH Reading in Africa!
- Letter Translator...
- IT Assistant
- Summertime Help
- TEACH Summer School in Africa!
- Newspaper/Publication Database...
- TEACH Junior Secondary School in...
- TEACH Reading in Sierra Leone!
- Volunteer Coordinator