Facilitator for Teen Girl Program
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: Program Manager - Girl Rising Curriculum Team
- To understand the difference between frontal teaching/lecturing and the role of a facilitator
- To have some experience in small and large group dynamics (how to steer conversation, keep participants on task, without taking over)
- To have some basic knowledge about the social, emotional, and physical development of teen girls (they go hand in hand, really)
- To have the confidence and communication skills to engage constructively/compassionately/non-judgmentally with the teen's parents during the course of the program
- To come with a sense of vision AND a sense of humor about the process of introducing this material and these skills
- To really ENJOY and RESPECT this aged audience
- To be able to commit to the sessions they will be presenting, with some advanced preparation and discussion with director. (Some sessions will be offered during the school day and others on Saturdays. Some availability during school hours is preferred but not mandatory.)
- To have own transportation and willingness to travel to program location (the current sessions will be at Englewood High School and Baker Preparatory High School)
- To be willing to participate in the follow-up evaluation process.
A Master’s Degree in Education, Counseling, or Social Work is preferred, but not required. Some experience/knowledge in these areas or a relevant field is necessary. A willingness to obtain a background check is mandatory if facilitating in a classroom setting.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment