Assistants will work 1 day/week for up to a 8-hour shift of 8:30 - 4:30pm.
Employment Assistants will assist domestic violence survivors who have left their abusive relationships with their employment, educational needs and everyday life skills.
Life Skills & Employment Assistants will provide the following services:
- Employment Program intakes and assessments
- Resume preparation
- Online research for employment and educational prospects
- Assistance with online applications
- Weekly follow-up communications by phone, in-person, and email
- Case management referrals for childcare, transportation, and social service agencies
- Internet Research
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- All Day Volunteers
- Must be compassionate, cheerful, professional.