Women Helping Women is accepting applications for their volunteer training program! Each volunteer must fill out an application, complete an interview, pass a background check, and complete a 40-hour volunteer training program.
WHW Volunteers do the following:
- Respond to hospitals 24-hours a day to support survivors of sexual assault
- Answer hotline calls
- Attend court hearings with survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking
- Babysit children of clients at WHW office during weekly support groups
- Facilitate teen dating/sexual violence prevention programs in local schools
- Attend community awareness/tabling events
- Help with data input
- Assist with fundraising events and agency development
- Sit at WHW's front desk as a volunteer receptionist
If you are interested in volunteering at WHW, choose the "I want to help!"/"Sign Up" link above and we will be in touch with you about how to apply to volunteer.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
- Public Speaking
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Completion of a 40 hour training program