VOLUNTEER POSITION: Social Media Intern
The Starfish Foundation is seeking several Social Media Interns to promote our mission and vision through various social media platforms. This will include both content creation and regular posting and promotion on our primary social media channels. This is a great opportunity for anyone with social media experience who would like to support Ecuadorian youth on the path to a better future!
WHERE: FLEXIBLE. The Starfish Foundation's U.S. operations are based in Baltimore, MD but location of the internship is flexible. If outside of Baltimore regular phone and email communication with the directors will be expected.
- Develop a deep understanding of the mission, vision, values and goals of The Starfish Foundation
- Create content for our primary social media channels, Facebook and Twitter
- Develop strategies for secondary platforms such as Instagram and Tumblr
- Assist in the management of our accounts on all platforms
- Conduct research for special projects
- Other assigned tasks as needed
- A passion for education and youth in Latin America
- A genuine interest in social media
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
WORKING HOURS: Working hours and goals will be set up based on individual tasks. On average social media interns will donate 1-3 hours/week to Starfish.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP: Winter/Spring internships last from January 15 to May 15; Summer internships last from June 15 to August 15; and fall internships last from September 15-December 15. Internships may be renewed at the discretion of the intern and the Starfish volunteer staff.
ORIENTATION CALL: We have recorded a 15-minute phone call for you to listen to. You may dial in and listen to this information at any time. Please note it is a long-distance number. If this creates a problem, please let us know. This is a required part of the application, and your application will be incomplete without the password given to you in the orientation phone call. We hope you enjoy!
Access Code: 637-017
Reference Number: 1
To apply, please first review our website (www.thestarfishchange.org) to learn more about our programming.
Then, fill out an application by January 11, 2017 by following this link: https://form.jotform.com/61256439195159. Please note that you will be asked to provide the password given to you in the orientation call as part of the application. You will also be asked to upload your resume and an optional cover letter.
Once we have received your application, we will be holding short interviews during the first week of September. Please ensure that you will be available for a virtual interview during this time.
- General Education
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week