MISSION: Young Champions is a diverse group of emerging leaders who are dedicated to changing the face of Alzheimer’s and related dementias by engaging our peers and raising awareness across generations.
VISION: A world without Alzheimer’s.
Responsibilities of Young Champions Members:
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and objectives of the Alzheimer’s Association Young Champions
- Actively represent and promote the Young Champions and the Alzheimer’s Association within the community
- Assist in identifying and soliciting new Young Champions members from within personal and professional networks
- Make a commitment to be an active participant of a variety of Young Champions’ activities, projects and/or events.
Advocacy is defined as working for Alzheimer’s issues in the public policy realm by demonstrating commitment to an issue by a growing number of citizens. The Young Champions can achieve a great deal by using the energy inherent in its membership.
Education & Volunteer
The Young Champions are unique among the stakeholders working to end Alzheimer’s. Having been touched by what is often publically perceived as a disease of old age presents the group with a unique opportunity to present this issue to wider audiences, especially younger ones.
Fundraising is vital to the work of the Alzheimer’s Association, and as a constituent group, the Young Champions group is in a particularly good position to help that effort. The Young Champions will help raise funds to provide help and hope for people affected by Alzheimer’s.
The strength of the group lies in its members, and the Young Champions group has an interest in expanding its base by recruiting young professionals who care about Alzheimer’s disease, and who have interest in and the ability to further the group’s goals.
PR / Promotion
The Young Champions have the ability to relate to a younger audience. As a group, the Young Champions are well connected to professional and social networks, and especially adept at social media and networking.
- General Education
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Committee Member: The Longest Day
- Twin Cities Walk to End...
- Duluth Walk to End Alzheimer's...
- Minot Walk to End Alzheimer's...
- Resource Assistants
- Young Champions Member
- Clinical Services Volunteer
- Education & Outreach Volunteer
- Data Entry Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Fargo Walk to End Alzheimer's...
- RivALZ Twin Cities - Committee...
- Office Reception Assistance in...
- Bismarck Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Brainerd Walk to End Alzheimer's...
- Young Champions Member
- Grand Forks Walk to End...
- Office Assistants