Our Westchester campus has three programs: Hawthorne Cedar Knolls Treatment Center, The Jerome M. Goldsmith Center for Adolescent Treatment (RTF) & The Sally & Anthony Mann Center (RTF). Each program provides residential treatment for adolescents and young adults, ages 12-22. Adolescents participate in intensive milieu therapy, individual, family, and group psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, special education and vocational training, all in an open setting.
We offer two vocational and life skill training volunteer opportunities at our Westchester campus programs. They are:
1. Volunteer Vocational Trainer
As a volunteer vocational trainer, you can talk to our teens about your career path and help them gain life and job skills to be successful in the workforce.
Potential Discussion Topics:
-- What important decisions were made along the way?
-- Professionally, how did you get to where you are?
-- Were there important people that guided your career decision(s)?
-- Required schooling/training for current position?
-- What is interesting about your profession?
-- Resume/CV writing
-- How to interview, for example: Phone, email, written and in-person communication techniques, do's and don'ts of interviewing, or mock interview practice
2. Host a Bring-A-Student-To-Work Day
As a Bring-A-Student-To-Work Day host, you can provide a fun, hands-on, interactive experience for our residents by hosting them at your office. The exposure to an exciting workplace is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for our students.
-- Take a teen (or group of teens) on a tour of your office
-- Introduce them to key people
-- Have colleagues present a meaningful workshop (topics to vary)
Currently residents have specifically expressed interest in the following job industries: Culinary, Music Recording and Production, Veterinary Studies, Arts, Technology, Finance, Athletics, Beautician and more!
- Teaching / Instruction
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Time commitment and hours are flexible.
- Art Group Leader- Manhattan
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Waiting Room Assistant- Manhattan
- Kitchen Assistant- Riverdale
- Tutor- Westchester
- Waiting Room Assistant- Brooklyn
- Group Volunteer Opportunities-...
- Team Activity Leader- Brooklyn
- Art Group Leader- Harlem
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Client Companion- Brooklyn
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Medical Archivist - Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Community Outing Leader- Bronx
- Clerical Assistant - Brooklyn...