Available Volunteer Opportunity:
Health Screeners (Medical Professionals or Medical Students)
Various locations in the Greater Hartford region
Duration: Morning, afternoon and evening hours are available. Weekday and weekend opportunities are available.
Health screenings take place between April and November, but volunteers can sign up year-round.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Providing blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings
* Setting up and taking down tables
* Setting up tents
* Engaging and talking with community members about health resources
* Providing and directing pre- and post-test surveys for community members
* Reviewing information provided in brochures
* Discussing test result information with residents
* Helping translate for Spanish-speaking residents
* Praying with residents
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help to engage community members about potential problematic health conditions. Your assistance at health screenings will help to address issues of adverse health conditions by using the information shared as an educational resource. By providing health service information and steps for follow-up care, residents are equipped with how to address their health needs.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* An RN, LPN, ARPN, MD, nursing student or medical student (if volunteering to perform health screenings)
* A "people person" (friendly, able to provide good customer service, good communication skills)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
A background check and copy of medical credentials (for medical professionals) will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Consider Being an Administrative...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Provide Worship Music at...
- Do You Love Acting? Consider...
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Intake Assistance Needed!
- Are You Creative? Craft...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Help Advertise for...
- Are You Fun-Loving? Game...
- Help Prepare & Serve Food for...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!