Geller House on Staten Island is a short-term residential diagnostic center that provides assessment, treatment, and aftercare planning for adolescents, ages 11 to 15, from all boroughs.
Do you do what you love? Do you have hobbies and passions that can translate into skills for our teens?
As a Team Activity Leader, you will be able to turn a hobby or passion into a unique and rewarding volunteer opportunity. We are looking for volunteers (individual or group) that are interested in working with teens and teaching them that a passion such as music, cosmetology, dance, arts visual or performing arts, or cooking. These are valuable skills for our teen clients to develop, and you may even help one of our clients discover a new lifelong passion of their own.
This opportunity requires a once weekly commitment, a strong interest in teaching teens, and an ability to work well with this population. Hours are flexible.
- Cooking / Catering
- Visual Arts
- Teaching / Instruction
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Once per week, hours are flexible.
- Must have a strong interest in teaching teens, and an ability to work well with this population.
- Visual Art Leader- Manhattan
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- GED Tutor- Westchester
- Team Activity Leader- Brooklyn
- Run a Donation Drive- Westchester
- Clerical Assistant - Bronx
- Personal Shopper- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Queens
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Client Companion- Brooklyn
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Medical Archivist - Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Clerical Assistant - Brooklyn...
- Road to Independence Closet...
- Team Activity Leader- Staten...