Job Summary: The Client Service Intern will assist Client Service Coordinator in all client service related activities, donation collection and organization, and maintenance of quality data of the services in Arlington.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist compiling and recording the intake forms
- Assist in maintaining data quality in both hard and soft copy
- Search for available services in Arlington and Alexandria for the service directory preparation project
- Help in the donation room: unpacking, ordering and organizing the donated items
- Assist in pulling the donations for arriving clients
- Assist with other related duties as assigned
- College degree or perusing an undergraduate degree in political science, international relations, social work, law/justice, human rights, or related field required
- Amharic language skills beneficial.
- Previous experience working in multicultural contexts is desirable
- An interest in international and refugee issue
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and process unexpected tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in one or more language other than English is preferable
- Having personal car or access to a car is highly desirable
- Exposure to basic non-profit operations and environment
- Knowledge of marginalized populations - challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of Arlington refugee benefits systems
- Ability to navigate of social service systems
- Basic ability to keep case notes and maintain case files to State Department standards.
At least 2 full days a week
Applications are considered on a first come, first served rolling basis.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Amharic speakers are highly encouraged to apply, but it is not a requirement