Learning to Work are facilitating an event in Slough around being ready for the World of Work. Would you be available for a half or full day volunteering to support this conference?
Workshops: 9.00am - 1.30pm
Speed Networking: 2.00-3.00pm Networking in the afternoon with students and business representatives
Timings may change following adjustments to the timetable!
Each Workshops runs 6 times and lasts for 25 minutes each
Which workshop best suits your skills?
Workshop 1: Making the right First Impression
Workshop 2: CV Building & Interview Techniques
Workshop 3: Diversity, Rights & Responsibilities in the Workplace
Workshop 4: Customer Service
Workshop 5: Teambuilding
Workshop 6: Psychometric testing
These events are designed to be highly interactive and lively. You will be working with a full year group (Yr 11 - 15/16yr olds) and a selection of Business Ambassadors like yourselves. The workshops give students an opportunity to examine their own strengths, skills, qualities, understand the skills that employers are looking for, prepare them for the workplace and meet local employers .
- People Skills
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Between 4 hours and 6 hours
- Mentor a Work Experience Student...
- Future Gold - Enterprise Event
- Work Ready Conference in School
- Work Ready Event - Gearing up...
- Entrepreneurship Challenge -...
- Business Ambassadors for Skills...
- Speaker for Mini Vans Enterprise...
- Interview skills required
- Be a Mentor for Mosaic (part of...
- Do you have the skills to work?...