Abeni is a small, volunteer-run non-profit, but we’re an organization that has seen immense growth, has incredible potential for development, and an increasing need for its services. While we are looking for someone who has financial knowledge, wisdom, and experience, it’s just as important to us that our Treasurer understand our vision and the communities we serve.
We are looking to welcome a Board Treasurer who is willing and able to provide vision, organization, and leadership in the financial life of Abeni.Some of the skills and characteristics we are looking for include:
- Knowledge - An understanding of financial reports. Some financial background, which may require some supplemental training in nonprofit financial terminology and requirements.
- Communication - Able to translate financial information and financial concepts for the board. Able to interpret and translate the board’s questions, goals, or concerns about the financial information or financial situation. Work with the Bookkeeper when necessary.
- Planning - Work with the Board to develop a useful budget. Prepare for budget discussions and convey budget information to the board. Helping the Board make sure that budget priorities and decisions reflect the intentions and objectives of Abeni.
- Strategy - Bring financial visions, creativity, and leadership to the organization. Look down the road to find the financial options and decisions needed for longer term goals and initiate discussions to connect finance and mission.
- Financial Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Donor Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Quarterly meetings with a one year commitment
- Weekly tasks, planning, communications, etc.