Test your METAL!!- Volunteer at Habitat’s ReStore!
3 people are interested
Do you have a passion for the environment? Are you a reliable recycler? Then Habitat’s ReStore wants to test your 'mettle’! Join the Habitat’s ReStore team as a Metal Recycler!
Some of our donated items cannot be sold to the public but recycled to keep them out of landfills. These items are sorted into the different metals by our Metal Recycler volunteers. Through our metal recycling program, we are able to raise more funds for the construction of Habitat houses in Milwaukee.
Typically, metal recycling volunteers will work up to 4 hours as their schedule allows. All volunteers will receive on-site training; use of hand tools is also involved.
- Receiving and dismantling unsaleable donations
- Identifying and sorting metals into appropriate containers
- Breaking down metal donations for easy transport
- A basic knowledge of metal sorting
- Willingness to work with diverse people
- Previous metal recycling experience is preferred, but not required
- Gain valuable work experience
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount (after 20 hours of volunteering)
- Have a positive impact right here in Milwaukee County!
3015 N 114th St
Wauwatosa, WI 53222
Open Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm and Saturday: 10am- 4pm
420 S 1st St
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Open Tuesday-Friday: 10am-6pm and Saturday: 10am- 4pm
Staffed largely by volunteers, Habitat’s ReStores are eco-friendly locations to both donate and shop for home building supplies and furnishings. Habitat’s ReStores carry overstocked, discounted, new and used building materials donated by manufacturers, stores, contractors and individuals. The stores are open to the public with all items sold at a fraction of the retail cost. ReStore donations benefit Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity's mission of building simple, decent and affordable homes in partnership with families in need.
We'll work with your schedule.
3015 N. 114th StreetMilwaukee, WI 53222
- Appliance Repair
- Retail / Sales
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, we’ll work with your schedule!