Be a Companion to a Senior Neighbor in Akron/Newstead!
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
YOU can support a community caregiver on your own schedule.
Hearts and Hands is looking for individuals or pairs willing to be a friendly visitor for their senior neighbor’s home. All visits are social and do not require any medical support, but gives caregivers time to take care of their own medical, social, and emotional needs. Some of our volunteers and seniors play scrabble, play chess, share a snack, watch a sports game, and just talk!
- Assignments are flexible to your schedule and interests
- Training and Coordination by Hearts and Hands professional staff
- Volunteer Liability Insurance and Mileage Reimbursement available through Hearts and Hands
- Develop direct and meaningful relationships with your neighbors.
It’s easy to get started, just attend a training with your local office, submit your background check, and about two weeks after that you can start your meaningful experience with Hearts and Hands.
Make a difference and volunteer today!
For more information about our organization or opportunities to volunteer, visit our website at https://hnhcares.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
50 JOHN STAkron, NY 14001
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to your schedule!
- motor-vehicle check and criminal background check