You can make a BIG difference in the life of a child.
Become a BIG Brother/BIG Sister with The Jewish Board. Help a child become happier, more fulfilled, and better able to face the challenges of childhood or adolescence.
The Big Brother Big Sister Program (BBBS) matches volunteers with children, ages 7-16 years old, who could benefit from an additional positive role model in their lives, positively impacting the well-being of the child. These children come from single parent families, special family circumstances, and/or are receiving services from The Jewish Board.
Volunteers must be 21 years or older, available to spend between once a week and once a month with the child and make a minimum of a year commitment. We create and support matches that are positive, safe, and well suited to your and the child’s needs.
Our Bigs come from all different backgrounds, and so do our Littles.
Our professional staff carefully screens Bigs and Littles to make the best match possible based on common interests, personalities and location.
Your commitment has a powerful impact on the life of a child.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Every other weekend for 2-3 hours, minimum 1 year.
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Pet Therapist - Brooklyn (Boro...
- Activity Specialist - Bronx
- Participant Activities Volunteer...
- Client Companion - Brooklyn...
- Clerical Assistant - Bronx
- Personal Shopper- Brooklyn
- Activity Specialist - Queens
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- ESL Tutor - Brooklyn (Boro Park)
- Young Professionals: Vocational...
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Activity Specialist - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Activity Specialist - Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Road to Independence Closet...
- Front Desk Assistant - Bronx