You can make a BIG difference in the life of a child.
Become a BIG Brother/BIG Sister with The Jewish Board. Help a child become happier, more fulfilled, and better able to face the challenges of childhood or adolescence.
The Big Brother Big Sister Program (BBBS) matches volunteers with children, ages 7-16 years old, who could benefit from an additional positive role model in their lives, positively impacting the well-being of the child. These children come from single parent families, special family circumstances, and/or are receiving services from The Jewish Board.
Volunteers must be 21 years or older, available to spend between once a week and once a month with the child and make a minimum of a year commitment. We create and support matches that are positive, safe, and well suited to your and the child’s needs.
Our Bigs come from all different backgrounds, and so do our Littles.
Our professional staff carefully screens Bigs and Littles to make the best match possible based on common interests, personalities and location.
Your commitment has a powerful impact on the life of a child.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Every other weekend for 2-3 hours, minimum 1 year.
- Art Group Leader- Manhattan
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Waiting Room Assistant- Manhattan
- Kitchen Assistant- Riverdale
- Tutor- Westchester
- Waiting Room Assistant- Brooklyn
- Group Volunteer Opportunities-...
- Team Activity Leader- Brooklyn
- Art Group Leader- Harlem
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Client Companion- Brooklyn
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Medical Archivist - Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Community Outing Leader- Bronx
- Clerical Assistant - Brooklyn...