Continuum Hospice seeks volunteers in Marin to make friendly visits to people on hospice. Hospice volunteering will give you an opportunity to truly make a difference in another's life. Your smile, your listening, your attention and compassionate presence will bring the important gift of connection and affirmation to someone in their last phase of life. Many of our volunteers read out loud, play music, or accompany patients to community activities in their facility. They will sometimes write legacy letters, have conversation, or just sit in companionable silence. Some volunteers provide respite for the caregiving family member who needs an hour or two break. You will receive orientation to hospice concepts as well as training for your patient visits. You will be well-supported and greatly appreciated by the entire hospice team.
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Music Arts
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible visits, typically up to 2 hours per week
- Volunteer will visit patient where patient resides & provide own transportation.
- Hospice Volunteering in Vallejo
- Hospice Volunteering in Novato
- Orinda Hospice Volunteers
- Hospice Volunteer - Marin
- Office Support in Hospice Agency
- Hospice Volunteering in Martinez
- Hairdressers needed for hospice...
- Hospice Volunteering in Fairfield
- Hospice Foundation Event Planner
- Hospice Volunteering in Vacaville