Host a monthly AM birthday bingo and celebration for youth
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
37 people are interested
The birthday party volunteer groups provide monthly birthday parties for youth experiencing homelessness. Volunteers provide cake and ice cream for approximately 50-70 youths as well as a few small prizes for bingo. YouthLink provides the bingo set, cards and chips, and all necessary serving utensils for cake and ice cream..
Dates & Time: the second Tuesday of each month, 11:00am-1pm
Number of Volunteers needed: 5-8 (also smaller groups). If you have up to 8, there will be many volunteers walking around talking to the youth, and in general mingling. The youth love talking to volunteers so the more the merrier, but with ten there will be a lot of idle time.
10:45 - 11:00 am - Volunteers orientation
11:00 - 12:00 pm - Volunteers host 3 (or more) bingo games
12:00 - 12:30 pm - Lunch provided by YouthLink - Volunteers are encouraged to help serve food and eat with the youth
12:30 - 1:00 pm - Volunteers serve cake and ice cream. Singing Happy Birthday is optional!
Volunteers provide the following:
- Large Sheet Cake - needs to feed about 50, so a full sheet works well
- Ice Cream - 1 gallon works well
- Three (or more) $10.00 gift cards from local stores are suggested - Some place with universal appeal like Target
- Trinkets from your company such as pens, lunch bags, candy or anything if they are available. Trinkets are used as consolation prizes or if there is a tie
41 North 12th StreetMinneapolis, MN 55403
- Youth Services
- Food Service
- Must be at least 21
- 3 hours