For Immediate Release
Board Recruitment Announcement
Founded in 2011, The Optic Neuritis Foundation, Inc. (ONF) is a small nonprofit organization that is dedicated to serving persons with optic neuropathy diagnoses such as: optic neuritis, non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION), arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION), traumatic optic neuropathy, leber’s optic neuropathy, dominant optic atrophy, recessive optic atrophy, radiation optic neuropathy, and optical coherence tomography optic neuritis. We are seeking to broaden our Board of Directors with FIVE highly qualified individuals interested in helping this great organization achieve its vision.
We are a nonprofit organization with 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status dedicated to our mission. The Optic Neuritis Foundation has completed a planning process and is seeking to add ten board and several committee members. The Board of Directors meets two to three times a quarter or more, to continue to brand and build the organization’s work.
Board members are expected:
- To be active and involved
- Serve on a committee and attending at least 75% of board meetings, which together average approximately one meeting per month (with a telephone participation option)
- Board members are also expected to take a role in managing certain external relationships critical to providing the resources ONF needs to operate
- Contribute financially to support ONF
Specific skills and expertise needed on the Board are:
- Finance and Accounting
- Vision Care Professional
- Marketing and Social Media
- Communications and Public/Media Relations
- General Business
- Public Policy
An affinity for the work of the organization is paramount, as is a willingness to contribute in board meetings, committee meetings, financial giving and individual work in between meetings. Diversity in all its forms (age, ethnicity, race, and gender) is welcomed by the Board and is very important to the organization.
To be considered for a position on this Board of Directors, please send a resume or bio to:
Laverne Crowder, email@example.com.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training