Do you live in an outlying community/town of the Austin area and wish you could volunteer? At Altus Hospice you can! There are too many towns to list, so if you are interested - contact me.
Here are my thoughts: We don't always have a need in our outlying towns, however, when we do - we need them right away. In mid January 2016 on a Saturday we're having an orientation. I'd like to get you oriented and fully ready to go. That way, when we do have a patient in your town, all you need is information so you can go do your thing!
About our Volunteers:
- No medical experience needed
- They come from all walks of life
- Be reliable
- Have an open heart!
- Orienation: which will be in mid January 2016 on a Saturday
- Need to have reliable transportation
- Pick their own schedule
- "Friendly visitors." that do not have an agenda . They are simply there to visit, be a friend, help a patient "forget" for a moment and just truly enjoy life.
- Give caregivers a break for a couple of hours. This is so the caregiver can attend to their own needs such as going to a doctor’s appointment or going to the grocery.
- A few of the activities Volunteers have done during visitsare: go for a walk, sit with someone and encourage them to eat, attend an activity, make someone's day not so long and lonely,dance, sing, read a bible out loud, paint fingernails, listen to stories about traveling, and share a Hersey's candy bar.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, or if you have more questions about Hospice - let me know. Please include your name and phone number . Have a great day......I look forward to hearing from you! Katrina Wilson, VC
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- We're flexible