Are you passionate about finding forever homes for homeless and abused cats and dogs? We have several opportunities for you at our "Thrifty Paws" store!!
THRIFTY PAWS is where you can shop or donatenew or gently used items to support animal rescue by yours truly Ruff House Rescue! If you have the extra time you can even volunteer at the Store! Thrifty Paws proceeds will help fund Ruff House Rescue! Every purchase helps save more lives from death row!! Spread the word!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Option 1 -- Donation!
Do you have gently used or new items you would like to donate?
- Please note: The items do not have to be pet related. No books please!
- Please contact us at: Thriftypawz@gmail.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what items you would like to donate. We will let you know the time and location to drop off your items.
Option 2 -- Volunteer!
Help organize and run our thrift store by being a Store Assistant/Clerk.
- Please contact us at: Thriftypawz@gmail.com and Cc: email@example.com. In the e-mail please answer: 1) Days and times you can volunteer (we are open Sunday through Saturday) and 2) Retail experience or Professional Experience.
Option 3 -- Shop/Come visit us!
- Go to our Facebook page "thriftypaws" to keep up the happenings at our Thrift store! And the days/hours we are open!
- Location: 4 Centre Ave East Rockaway, NY 11518
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: Check out our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "EXERCISE + RESQWALK" or "EXERCISE + WOOFTRAX" (Exercise and record your miles for free $$) opportunities too! It records your time and miles exercised.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
(Copy and paste the above link into your web browser or Click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue RHR" link located on the upper, left hand corner of the screen). Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Unique Volunteer Positions (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Exercise + ResQWalk (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY) -- HOLD
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)-- HOLD
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise + Wooftrax (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=NY936THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Process
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- RHR Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Free Vet Advice!! Exercise +...
- Poster Campaign
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage/Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Dog Treat Sales/Baked Goods
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Unique Volunteer Positions...