We have several opportunities for you at our "Thrifty Pawz" consignment shop!! We are looking for several Store Assistants and Clerks to make Thrifty Pawz a leading consignment shop on Long Island/East Rockaway, New York -- where EVERY purchase helps save more lives from death row!!
You can also help by DONATING new or gently used items -or- SHOPPING to support animal rescue by yours truly Ruff House Rescue! Please help spread the word!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Assist customers to make sure their shopping experience is enjoyable.
Obtain or receive merchandise.
Accept payments and make change for customers.
Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
Organize store and our displays.
Length of term:
1-2 month minimum commitment.
4-5 hour shift (see hours below)
4A Centre Ave, East Rockaway, NY 11518
Hours: Monday - Saturday noon until 5 pm and Sundays noon to 4 pm
Option 1 -- Volunteer!
Help organize and run our thrift store by being a Store Assistant/Clerk.
- Must be at least 21 years old to volunteer at the shop.
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
Option 2 -- Donations!
Do you have gently used - or - new items you would like to donate?
- Please note: The items do not have to be pet related. No books please!
- Let us know what items you would like to donate. We will let you know the OTHER times we are open to drop off your items.
Option 3 -- Shop/Come visit us!
- Go to our Facebook page "Thriftypawz" to keep up the happenings at our Thrift store!
- RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE click on the BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the RED "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Blue Jeans | Pajamas for A...
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Marketing | PR | Fundraising...