We need your creativity. We are looking for Still Photographers and Cell Phone Videographers to capture outstanding dog photographs and videos that allow us to find fur-ever homes for all our wonderful rescue dogs.
The key to fantastic photos and videos is the ability to capture the personality, size, and happy energy from each pup. You must be 21 years of age. A mentor or volunteer helper will work with you.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!This is not an easy volunteer job, so please make sure you are up for this challenge, if you decide to go forward, please read "Requirements" and "Next Steps" to apply.
- 21 years of age.
- Own your own Digital SLR or Digital Mirrorless camera.
- Own your own smart phone capable of taking 30 second quality videos and uploading to YouTube.
- Experience with basic photo editing, including - cropping, removing leashes, & adjusting brightness.
- Comfortable around dogs of all sizes and breeds.
- Experience photographing dogs.
- Physically able to easily change positions while photographing.
- Must be able to come to the Rescue's facility located in Freeport, New York & there are other times we will be hosting adoption events at nearby pet stores or fairs and also need photographers there.
- 3-6 month commitment .
- Enthusiasm for a volunteer job knowing that a photograph can determine the future of a dog's life.
- The shelter does not open in the evenings until 7 pm when it is too dark to shoot during the week, but Saturday and Sunday afternoons are great.
- We need a fast turn around on our shooting to get the dogs photos on Petfinder, our website, Facebook page and Instagram as fast as possible, we would need you to submit your edited photos that day or by the next day. That is a key factor as we are a rescue, not a shelter, and our goal is to get the dogs adopted to good homes as quickly as possible.
- We usually do not shoot for more than 2-3 hours at a time -- for each hour you shoot it will probably take you at least a half hour to process your images.
- Serious Inquires Please.
- We have a few videos we would like you to watch before you volunteer. Please go to Seth Casteel's website - http://onepicturesaves.com & Click on "Learning Videos" watch the learning videos (all except the cat ones) and let us know if this is something you would like to volunteer for. We will mentor you and you will always work with a volunteer that will hold the dog for you.
- While awaiting a response back from RHR please visit our website: www.ruffhouserescue.org
- If you do not get a response from us within 4-5 days please outreach to us at this web page and please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of this page. (This will generate an automatic e-mail)
- Include in an e-mail to Kathy L. ( firstname.lastname@example.org) , Coordinator for this position the following:
- Summary of your photography and/or videography expertise and experience
- Your background working with animals (specifically dogs)
- Have you used Dropbox?
- 2-3 Samples of your work --- photographing dogs
- Do you know how to edit out leashes or other objects that might need to be removed?
- Type of Camera you use
- Have you studied photography?
- Total Hours per week you can volunteer
- Days you can volunteer
- Any questions
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: Check out our "Junior Volunteer" position
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
- **Urgent** Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual)
- Create Your Own Volunteer Position (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual)
- Exercise (Walk or Bike) record your miles for Free $$ -- ResQWalk a free mobile app (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual)
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY)
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual)
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Smartphone + Exercise w/ Wooftrax = Free Money for RHR (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
If the above Opportunities don't look interesting or don't have the time -- Below are Monetary Ways To Help:
1. Adopt a Dog/Cat:
Pre-Adoption Questionnaire located on www.ruffhouserescue.org
Available pets on Petfinder:
Make your donation larger with your Employer's Matching Grant Program!
Why? They may match dollar for dollar or a certain percentage of your donation for Registered Charities such as Ruff House. Please ask your Human Resource Department if they have one and how to register for their program.
a) Drop-off at Rescue or Order Pet Supplies:
See RHR’s Wish List on Amazon.com (see below) for products needed. Or order on-line if you live outside of the area (Amazon’s RHR’s Wish List): http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=3K6ROSWV2YKHR&type=wishlist
b) Via on-line with Credit Cards (Visa, Master, Discover, American Express):
One time donation or a monthly/automatic donation. You do not have to have a PayPal account to make a donation.
c) Via Mail (With a Check, Money Order or Credit Card):
Credit Card must include 9 pieces of information
- Name of Card Holder
- Card Number
- Master Card, Visa, Discover or American Express
- Billing Address (include zip code)
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (3 digit on the back of the card)
- Phone Number
- E-mail address (to contact you in the future for events and happenings at RHR)
Mail to: Ruff House Rescue, PO Box 365, Oceanside NY 11572
d) Kuranda dog/cat Bed:
https://kuranda.com/donate/10081 (directly put you into RHR's account)
3. Buy Merchandise (t-shirt, tank top, sweater or dog hoodie):
For your someone special’s birthday, Valentine’s, Graduation, Mother’s/Father’s Day, Christmas or other holiday event: http://ruffhouserescue.org & click on the Shop tab.
With an ad or article in the local (NY) news media.
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Website: www.ruffhouserescue.org (for information)
Face Book: Ruff House Rescue NY
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Video Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Approximately 4 hours per week
- Please see "Requirements"
- **Urgent** Dog Walkers [or]...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or...
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage/Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or...
- Create Your Own Volunteer...
- FaceBook "Likes" -- Promote our...