We need your creativity!!! We are looking for Still Photographers and Cell Phone Videographers to capture outstanding dog photographs and videos that allow us to find fur-ever homes for all our wonderful rescue dogs.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
The key to fantastic photos and videos is the ability to capture the personality, size, and happy energy from each pup. Enthusiasm for this position is required since a photograph can determine the future of a dog's life. This is not an easy job, so please make sure you are up for this challenge. If you decide to go forward, please read "Requirements" and "Next Steps" to apply. Serious Inquiries only.
- You must be 21 years of age. A mentor or volunteer helper will work with you.
- 3-6 month commitment
- Own your own Digital SLR or Digital Mirrorless camera
- Own your own smart phone capable of taking 30 second quality videos and uploading to YouTube
- Experience with basic photo editing, including - cropping, removing leashes, & adjusting brightness
- Comfortable around dogs of all sizes and breeds
- Experience photographing dogs
- Physically able to easily change positions while photographing
- Must be able to come to the Rescue's facility located in Freeport, NY or adoption events at nearby pet stores or fairs. The shelter facility does not open in the evenings until 7 pm when it is too dark to shoot during the week, but Saturday and Sunday afternoons are the best.
- We usually do not shoot for more than 2 to 3 hours at a time -- for each hour you shoot it will probably take you at least a half hour to process your images.
- Fast turn-around on your shoots to get the dogs photos on Petfinder, our website, Facebook page and Instagram. We would need you to submit your edited photos that day or by the next day. That is a key factor as we are a rescue, not a shelter, and our goal is to get the dogs adopted to good homes as quickly as possible.
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
- Please contact RHR by clicking on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and Include in the comments: 1) If you completed the on-line Volunteer Application, 2) Include the day(s) you can volunteer, and 3) Your question(s).
- Include in an e-mail to ourCoordinator for this position (KathyLeistner@aol.com), the following:
- We have a few videos we would like you to watch before you volunteer. Please go to Seth Casteel's website - http://onepicturesaves.com & Click on "Learning Videos" watch the learning videos (all except the cat ones) and let us know if this is something you would like to volunteer for. We will mentor you and you will always work with a volunteer that will hold the dog for you.
- Summary of your photography and/or videography expertise and experience
- Your background working with animals (specifically dogs)
- Have you used Dropbox?
- 2-3 Samples of your work --- photographing dogs
- Do you know how to edit out leashes or other objects that might need to be removed?
- Type of Camera you use
- Have you studied photography?
- Total Hours per week you can volunteer
- Days/Times (eg. 12 noon to 2 pm) you can volunteer
- Any questions
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: Check out our "Junior Volunteer" position
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter provided! Also provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk"or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Video Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Approximately 4 hours per week
- Must be 21 years of age. Please also see "Requirements" in job posting.
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...