Do you enjoy the snow and the crisp, cool winter air? Do you prefer to enjoy winter near a cozy wood stove and a community of friendly faces? Volunteer and discover the wonder and magic of Notchview in Windsor.
Thousands of skiers and snowshoers join us at Notchview knowing they can count on Winter Notchview Ambassadors to help provide them with an enjoyable experience. Ambassadors help ensure visitors have amazing experiences in our cafe', equipment rentals area and lodge area, and help them with their adventures, on and off of the ski trails. We need you to help ensure our visitors have great winter wonderland experiences.
Notchview Volunteers have the time & space to relax with refreshments, invitations to volunteer social gatherings, free pass opportunities, & several group adventures each year. Notchview volunteers also recieve a free ski lesson.
- Support the Café setup, service & closing needs
- Assist Customers in the Visitor Center with questions & purchase needs
- Help with Equipment Rental (no experience needed)
- Ensure Visitor Center is clean & tidy & interior walkways clear
- Welcome visitors to Notchview
- Answer phone & respond to phone messages
- Serve as public program assistants for our special family, youth and adult educational programming (optional based on availabliity)
- Assist with the set up, break down and running of a variety of events/races throughout the season (when assisting on event/race days)
- Help keep wood stove fire burning (special training required, optional)
Experienced Skiers, also:
- Provide information on technical ski/snowshoe information
- ski the trail system providing friendly advice, support, and assistance to skiers
- Assist guests with lost persons
- Assist guests with lost equipment or clothing
- Pick up trash/recycling found outside and on trails
- Assist with ski waxing, as needed
Time Commitment Two shifts/month of 2-4 hrs; 8 hours or more/month minimum. We have a need for volunteers who are also available for 5-7 hr shifts. Volunteers self-select shifts based on their personal availabliity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- See above
- friendly, customer service skills