Meet and greet visitors during events at the Weir River Farm in Hingham, MA. Help us share information about The Trustees’ mission and properties, sign visitors up for our mailing lists, recruit new members and donors. This is a terrific way to meet new people and have fun!
·Talk with visitors, answering questions about The Trustees and Trustees’ properties
·Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
·Educate the public about the goals of the Trustees and encourage membership
·Assist with programs as needed
·Have reliable transportation to the farm
·Desire to meet with the public
·Good communication skills
·Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
·Experience working with the public
·Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Two to four hours depending on the event.
·Open Barnyard - Every Saturday May 7-October 15, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
·Summer Solstice - June 20, 2016 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
·Fall Festival - October 1, 2016 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
·Tree Sale - November 27, 2016 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
·Wreath Raising - December 4, 2016 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- variable times and dates
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Children's Public Program...
- Property Ambassador - Governor...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Event Assistant - Haskell Garden
- Carpenter Volunteer - Charles...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Saturday Drop-In Volunteer -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...