Do you love the outdoors and meeting new folks while sharing your knowledge of the area? Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Weir River Farm in Hingham is currently looking for volunteers to join our Event Assistant Crew. Volunteers will meet and greet visitors, share information about The Trustees’ mission and properties, sign visitors up for our mailing lists, recruit new members and donors. Options to help run craft tables or something similar also available. This is a terrific way to meet new people and have fun!
?Talk with visitors, answering questions about The Trustees and Trustees’ properties
?Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
?Educate the public about the goals of the Trustees and encourage membership
?Assist with programs as needed
?Have reliable transportation to the farm
?Desire to meet with the public
?Good communication skills
?Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
?Experience working with the public
?Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Two to four hours depending on the event.
* Sheep Shearing Day - April 29, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
* Open Barnyard - Every Saturday, April - October, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
* Summer Solstice - June 21, 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
* Family Farm Dinners - TBD
* Fall Festival - September 30, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
* Tree Sale - December 2,3, 9, 10 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
* Wreath Raising - December 2, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Weir River Farm, 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- variable times and dates
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Barnyard & Livestock Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...