Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
23 people are interested
Do you love the outdoors and meeting new folks while sharing your knowledge of the area? Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Weir River Farm in Hingham is currently looking for volunteers to join our Event Assistant Crew. Volunteers will meet and greet visitors, share information about The Trustees’ mission and properties, sign visitors up for our mailing lists, recruit new members and donors. Options to help run craft tables or something similar also available. This is a terrific way to meet new people and have fun!
- Talk with visitors, answering questions about The Trustees and Trustees’ properties
- Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
- Educate the public about the goals of the Trustees and encourage membership
- Assist with programs as needed
- Log volunteer hours
- Have reliable transportation to the farm
- Desire to meet with the public
- Good communication skills
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Experience working with the public
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment NeededTwo to four hours depending on the event.
- Open Barnyard - Every Saturday, April - October, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sheep Shearing Festival, Saturday, April 27 -- 2 shifts available
Weir River Farm, 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We'll work with your schedule.
140 Turkey Hill LaneThe Yellow House at The Weir River FarmHingham, MA 02043
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- variable times and dates