Rainforest Partnership (RP), based in Austin, Texas is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Tropical rainforests are the oldest and most complex land-based ecosystems on earth. By fostering collaborative partnerships directly with rainforest communities, and around the globe, we connect, create and leverage innovative opportunities to protect the forest.We are looking for interested volunteer grant writers. The grant writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations. The grant writer with the support of office staff will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail- oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. They should also be able to understand and work on budgets for proposals that would fit within the foundation's funding criteria.
What you will get from this opportunity:
- An ability to work in a growing international NGO with a unique model of working
- You will gain experience in International Development
- The experience to work in a position of real responsibility
- An ability to own your designated work portfolio, and learn hands on project management, time management, ability to collaborate with highly skilled staff and volunteers
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative and diverse work environment
If this position interests you, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of 5-10 hours a week