Do you have the ability to warm peoples' hearts just by being you? Do you want to aid in calming visitors in a hospital environment where people are often worried? Your exceptional customer service skills, basic computer knowledge, and the ability to smile under pressure are the hallmarks of the volunteer we're looking for for this role!
Front desk volunteers are the ambassadors and the people of "first impressions" at Northside Hospital. Join our team and interact with patients, visitors, and vendors throughout their shifts undertaking the following tasks:
- Greeting patients, visitors, staff, and colleagues
- Processing visitor ID badges
- Escorting visitors to their destination (sometimes by wheelchair), providing directions and information
- Answering the telephone
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- One four hour shift per week for at least six mos.
- Annual TB and flu shots required and provided at no charge.