Change a Life! Volunteer!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1685 Baltimore PikeGettysburg, PA 17325
Tutors should have a (minimum) of a 4 year degree, or be in the process of earning one.
- Tutors spend 3 hours a week tutoring either individual students, or a small group of students (depending on your preference)
- Tutors determine their availability - although a mutually agreed upon set schedule between the student and tutor is always best
- Tutors choose their content area based on their schooling, experience, and preference (for example: math, ESL, reading, computer, etc)
- Tutors submit (via email) monthly attendance hours for their student(s)
All volunteers must have have current clearances: FBI, PA State Police (free for volunteers), and PA ChildLine (also free for volunteers).
Other opportunities: We host fundraisers and other community events throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering but cannot commit to 3 hours a week, we still have an opportunity for you!
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week (instruction time with student)
- Submit monthly attendance hours via email