Kids (ages 7-12) with intellectual and developmental disabilities will enjoy hands on approach to learning art skills. Children will complete art projects, including water colors, paint, pencil drawing, finger painting, and how to explore art with music, and more! Projects are meant to introduce the idea of self-exploration through art. Volunteers will assist participants with following the lesson and using different art media. Volunteers are also asked to assist painting instructor with classroom set-up, clean-up.
Thursdays, November 3 - December 15, 2016 (No Class November 24)
6:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Problem Solving
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1.25 hours/ week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (over 18), Reference Form (under 18), Orientation
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Kreative Kids Art
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Social Group for People with...
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Adult Music Therapy