Suncoast PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly)is a total health care solution for seniors who want to remain independent. Suncoast PACE delivers a spectrum of care to participants - with services available at the Suncoast PACE Day Center and Medical Clinic, in the community and in the home.
- Daily exercises and stimulating activities
- Musical activities, painting and other sensory activities
- Hot, nutritious meals and snacks in a group setting
- Socialization and interaction with peers
- Education and guidance
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Transportation to and from the PACE center as well as other medical providers
Day Center Volunteer - Helps the PACE staff with meal times, socializing with participants, and assisting with activities such as sewing, knitting, art, music, games, discussions, etc. Morning or afternoon shifts are available during the week. Shifts are typically 3 - 4 hours long between the hours of 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. The Day Center is closed on the weekends.
Day Center Greeter - One greeter is needed in the morning and one in the afternoon. The morning greeter will sign in participants and hand out badges; the afternoon greeter will collect the badges and sign the participants out.
PACE Home Visitor - PACE participants live in homes, ALFs, and nursing homes across Pinellas County which means that we need PACE volunteers who live in all areas of the county. Our Pace Home Visitors can provide participants with companionship, caregiver respite, run errands, and escort them to medical appointments. All medically necessary transportation, as deemed by PACE staff, is provided to and from appointments at the PACE Center. Volunteers will not be asked to transport patients.
Volunteer Orientation is a four-hour training session for individuals interested in learning more about Empath Health’s volunteer opportunities.
To register for class and verify locations: Please call Volunteer Registration at 727-523-3440. Registration ends 3 business days before the start of training.
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Empath Health Teen Volunteer
- Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Telephone Support Volunteer
- Suncoast PACE (Program of...
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Empath Health Volunteers Needed...