Red Panda Network (RPN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of wild red pandas and their habitat through the education and empowerment of local communities. The deforestation of red panda habitat is due mainly to grazing of livestock and firewood and fodder collection by the communities who depend on the same forests for survival. We work with local communities primarily in eastern Nepal to become stewards of their forests and create alternative sources of income to prevent deforestation.
Reporting to the Development Manager and Development Associate, the Volunteer Social Media Manager will be responsible for managing and enhancing our Pinterest account.
The Ideal Volunteer Will Have:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Pinterest platform and best practices.
- Experience and insight into how to increase platform engagement, "followers" and "pins."
- Ability to utilize platform to help RPN achieve outreach, education and fundraising goals.
- Effective communication with RPN staff and volunteers, and cultivation abilities with supporters.
- Strong internet research skills
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours a week