1st Shift Volunteer Team (6:30 pm - 10:30 pm)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
24 people are interested
Volunteer team (Minimum of 4 individuals)
*Teams can sign up for more than one date
Volunteers in the Shelter will work cooperatively along side guests and supervise regular shelter activity.
A chore list will be available at each site and the volunteers will ensure that guests perform their assigned chores (i.e. cleaning the bathroom, taking out the trash, sweeping and mopping).
* Prepare site: check supplies - personal care items; necessary forms.
* Open doors and sign-in guests.
* Oversee guest set up of pads in sleeping room.
* (When necessary) Assist dinner team in preparing, serving, and cleaning up the family-style meal.
* Interact with guests, help them get settled.
* Socialize, play games with guests, as time allows.
* Monitor restrooms and clean-up for bed time.
* Lights out at 10 PM.
* Complete necessary paper work, especially the shift log.
* Communicate with second shift personnel who replace you.
545 S. East AveOak Park, IL 60302
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week