1st Shift Volunteer Team (6:30 pm - 10:30 pm)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
30 people are interested
Volunteer team (Minimum of 4 individuals)
*Teams can sign up for more than one date
Volunteers in the Shelter will work cooperatively along side guests and supervise regular shelter activity.
A chore list will be available at each site and the volunteers will ensure that guests perform their assigned chores (i.e. cleaning the bathroom, taking out the trash, sweeping and mopping).
* Prepare site: check supplies - personal care items; necessary forms.
* Open doors and sign-in guests.
* Oversee guest set up of pads in sleeping room.
* (When necessary) Assist dinner team in preparing, serving, and cleaning up the family-style meal.
* Interact with guests, help them get settled.
* Socialize, play games with guests, as time allows.
* Monitor restrooms and clean-up for bed time.
* Lights out at 10 PM.
* Complete necessary paper work, especially the shift log.
* Communicate with second shift personnel who replace you.
About Housing Forward
1851 S. 9th Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, US
Housing Forward's mission is transition people from housing crisis to housing stability.
Since 1992, we have transformed the lives of more than 11,000 people by helping them meet their immediate housing and crisis needs, addressing their health and income needs and transitioning them back to housing stability. Today, we’re having long-term impact on the communities of west Cook County by 1.) preventing the loss of housing before it occurs, 2.) alleviating the need for long-term shelter, 3.) moving people into sustainable permanent housing solutions and 4.) improving housing retention.
545 S. East Ave1235 N. Harlem848 W. Lake StreetOak Park, IL 60302
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week
- Please pick the address that is most convenient for you