Volunteers who have a heart for adults with learning disabilities are needed.
You would be working with adults with identified learning disabiltiies, while they attend GED and adult literacy classes. You would be trained to tutor the student, and train other tutors as well. This position would require you to go to different organizations, where the students are being tutored.
Some tutoring background is helpful, as is a willingness to be trained in learning disabilities.
You are needed 1-2 times per week, 3-5 months or until the student and another tutor are working together effectively.
Make a lasting impact on adult learners!
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Bring love & joy to a senior in...
- Have a heart for the disabled? ...
- Enjoy children? Be a lunch room...
- Teach new families about the US!
- Help others search for jobs!
- Have a heart for those with...
- Experienced tradesman needed!
- Brighten a resident's day!
- Ensure families receive food!
- Refugees need your help!
- First generation college...
- Retail therapy lovers wanted!
- Do you have a green thumb? Be...
- Become a friend to an inmate
- Help students succeed!
- Be a friend to a HS student- be...
- Help a student succeed in...
- Feed growing teens!
- Cancer patients need your help!
- Prepare others for a 1st...