Watchung Reservation Mountainside is a semi-wilderness oasis in the midst of a suburban development. Volunteers are needed to make a trail more accessible to hikers and to people who wish to enjoy nature. Volunteers work under the guidance of staff and all tools are provided.
This is a rain or shine project!
- Wear closed toed shoes/boots
- Wear long pants instead of shorts to protect yourself while gardening
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Bring a hat
- Bring work gloves if possible
- Bring water and snacks
- Wear insect repellent and sunscreen
- This is a labor intensive project
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Earth Keepers in Essex County...
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Conversations and Connections in...
- Beach Sweep in Glen Ridge...
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Project Coordinator - Be a Leader
- Beach Sweep in Point Pleasant...
- Beach Sweep in Long Branch
- Homework Helpers in Little Ferry
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Donation Sorting in Short Hills
- Tutor and Mentor in Madison
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- College Readiness Academic...
- Camden Volunteer Recruiter
- Earth Keepers in Manchester