Watchung Reservation Mountainside is a semi-wilderness oasis in the midst of a suburban development. Volunteers are needed to make a trail more accessible to hikers and to people who wish to enjoy nature. Volunteers work under the guidance of staff and all tools are provided.
This is a rain or shine project!
- Wear closed toed shoes/boots
- Wear long pants instead of shorts to protect yourself while gardening
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Bring a hat
- Bring work gloves if possible
- Bring water and snacks
- Wear insect repellent and sunscreen
- This is a labor intensive project
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Newark Ambassadors
- Caring Closet in Newark
- Beach Sweep in Glen Ridge...
- Art of Life Therapy in Englewood
- Beach Sweep in Point Pleasant...
- Beach Sweep in Long Branch
- Homework Helpers in Little Ferry
- Beach Sweep in Belmar
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Marketplace in East Brunswick -...
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Marketplace in Clifton
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Marketplace in Mercer County
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Art Expressions in Newark
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Halloween Costume Sorting Party